A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that sends the web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server whenever the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies may be either “permanent” cookies or “session” files: a permanent cookie will be stored in a web browser and will remain valid until the expiration date specified unless it is deleted by the user prior to the expiration date. Cookie sessions expire at the end of the user session when the web browser is hijacked.
Cookies typically do not contain any information that personally identifies the user, but the personal information we store may be linked to the information stored in the cookies and obtained from them.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when browsing. Thanks to this file, the website stores for a certain period of time the information about your activities and preferences (such as your login name, language, font size, and other display settings), so you do not have to retype it when you next visit or browse the website.
How to control cookies
You can check or delete your cookies at will – for details, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies stored on your computer and set most browsers to prevent them from being stored. In this case, however, you may have to manually modify some settings for each site visit, and some services and features will not work.
How to disable cookies
You can regulate the storing of cookies using your internet browser. Most browsers automatically accept cookies at the initial settings.
You can get the latest information about blocking and deleting cookies using these links:
- https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=sk (Chrome)
- https://support.mozilla.org/sk/kb/povolenie-zakazanie-cookies (Firefox)
- https://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/ (Opera)
- https://support.microsoft.com/sk-sk/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer)
- https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?locale=sk_SK (Safari)
- https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy (Edge)